Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Help us add ONE piece to the puzzle so that there will be ONE less orphan.

I am really excited to announce a fundraiser for our adoption that anyone can help with.  It is also my birthday wish.  Today is August 1st.  The first day of my birth month.  What I really want for my birthday is to be closer to bringing our child home from Uganda.  Into his or her forever home.
We believe that we have been called to adopt.  With Jeremiah and Caleb we could more or less afford to adopt.  This time, even though we are living as simply as possible and saving every penny from my nanny job we know that we are not going to be able to do it alone.  We need our friends and community to help us.  There is a huge task ahead to raise the rest of the money needed to complete this adoption.  But we believe that nothing is impossible with God.  He can part seas and move mountains.  We believe that He has asked us to adopt a child who needs a family and even though we don't have all of the finances up front this time, we trust Him to provide.  
So......We are having a Puzzle Fundraiser!  We purchased this beautiful puzzle designed by a Tanzanian artist and will hang it in our child's room.

Here is how it works:

For $10, a person can purchase 1 piece of this beautiful African puzzle.  We will write your name on the back of the puzzle piece(s), and our next child will forever know the loved ones who helped to bring him/her home. You can purchase one for yourself, your spouse, your children, whoever's name you want on your piece(s).  When all of the pieces have been purchased and the puzzle is complete, we will place it in a double-sided glass frame to hang in our nursery. Your gift will forever be remembered, and our child will know as he or she grows up the impact that you had on their life.  Just imagine them seeing all of those names and realizing hundreds of people cared enough about them to help bring them into a family??!!!  Can you imagine how special and loved this will make them feel?

This is a 1,000 piece puzzle.  I tried hared to find a 500 piece puzzle that I loved with African flair but this was the best one.  Our goal is to have 5oo pieces purchased by September 30th, 2012.  If all 1,000 pieces were purchased the remaining half our our adoption costs needed to be saved/raised would be funded.  Imagine that!!  I however do not have 1,000 facebook friends, or even 500 so I would be grateful if you could spread the word by sharing with everyone you know.  Post it on facebook, your blog, or twitter and invite others to share in our adoption journey.  Our goal is to sell at least 500 pieces of this puzzle, so we need your help.  Thank you for supporting our adoption!

You can sponsor pieces in a couple of ways.  You can click the donate button on the right side of this blog and put in the dollar amount you wish to donate.  With the donate button you can use paypall, your credit card, or your debit card.  Or you can send a check to our home address (email me at mikeandsarah112903@yahoo.com for our address).  Then comment here or let me know on facebook how many puzzle pieces you purchased and what names you wish to put on them.

I will periodically post the pictures of the progress on the puzzle.  Once it is complete we will frame it in double sided glass as a reminder of everyone who helped bring our child home!
Thank you so much for your love, support, and prayers!  We are truly grateful!  May God bless you for being such a blessing to us!


9 comments:

  1. You just got 2 puzzle pieces from Zambia! God bless your family and coming little one. We're very happy for you!!

    Here's our messages:

    1) Love from the Menenberg family!! Ben, Laura, and Angelo

    2) 1 Peter 1:3-9 and Psalm 29

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I want to buy 2 puzzle pieces. I love this idea!! I want to support you guys! I will talk to Matt about the best way to get the $20 to you. I also shared the link on FB. So excited for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shared the link and I will be getting a piece or two next time I see you! I'm super excited for an update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One piece from the Inmans. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The WARD family just bought one piece, and I shared it on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shared the link (cara passes it on:)) and we hope to adopt some day too. I'll ask my husband to share it too, he has a pretty large twitter and blog following. Plus we will be buying a piece for each of our kiddos. Our daughter would like to buy her own piece too though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a truly blessed grandmother in SC, I am thrilled to play a tiny part in such a special story. I am donating in honor of our adopted granddaughter, Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just donated $10. Best of luck to you! Will follow your blog for updates :-)
    Micah, Christy, Ryan, & Maisie Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, how's your puzzle coming? :) I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete